Investment Readiness workshop in Morecambe
New Chamber members UCLan are now organising their next series of “Introduction to Equity Finance for SMEs” workshops with the next local one being on 12th October – Morecambe
- Need finance for growth?
- Want to understand what venture capital is and how to apply successfully?
- Perhaps unsure whether venture capital or business angel finance is right for you?
Led by experienced investors, the University of Central Lancashire’s Investment Readiness programme is designed to “demystify” the world of equity finance and prepare ambitious businesses with growth potential to apply for much-needed investment.
Join us at our introductory group workshop to ensure you are well equipped to clearly present your proposition and demonstrate you have a credible plan to deliver the results that investors are looking for.
- An overview of private and institutional investors
- What investors are looking for AND WHAT THEY ARE NOT LOOKING FOR
- The venture capital and angel investment process
- Introduction to due diligence, the term sheet and legal process
- The importance of your investment pitch
- Contributions from investors and nationally recognised experts in their fields.
Who should attend - Anyone actively seeking equity investment for their business or wanting to gain an insight into the investment process in preparation
for future needs.
Following the introductory workshop, participants have the opportunity to receive one-to-one assistance from experienced investors and attend further specialist workshops.
Purpose of Programme
The purpose of the programme is to help businesses prepare themselves for investment from business angels and venture capitalists. This structured programme of investor-led input and investment readiness guidance takes growth businesses through all aspects of the investment process and helps management build a compelling investment case.
Further information - for further information on the programme please call 01772 895656 or email email@example.com
*Eligibility: - Please Note: The event and programme are funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and so is only eligible to Lancashire based SME's seeking equity investment into their business.
The Eventbrite link is here
UCLan is also working with North West Business Angels to support the Bay Angels event at the Lancaster University next month. It is early days for this programme, but hopefully, one of the companies will have progressed to pitching stage.