The following advice and support is available to businesses affected by flooding throughout North Lancashire. This page is updated regularly with information from Government and other public/private organisations offering assistance.
UK Government Funding
The Government announced a £50million fund to help individuals and businesses left devastated by Storm Desmond which hit in December 2015.
- £40 million will come from the treasury reserve, but £10 million will come from the departmental budget.
- £10 million is to go on improving public flood defences and roads.
- £5,000 will go to households to help improve their own flood defences, such as putting in better doors and windows and raising plug sockets.
- Households will also receive £500 each to help with emergency accommodation.
- Businesses affected will also get £2,500 each to help deal with the flooding.
Those residents in greater need may be eligible for further support from the same fund. Eligibility details and application forms are available at the Lancashire Community Foundation's dedicated website www.lancsfloodappeal.org.uk. The Lancashire Community Foundation is administering this element of the funding on behalf of Lancashire County Council.
Non-farming businesses who have been severely affected can apply to the same fund through Boost Business Lancashire, the Lancashire Enterprise Partnership's Growth Hub. Guidance and application forms are available at the website: www.boostbusinesslancashire.co.uk (Farming businesses will be supported through a separate scheme run by DEFRA).
- Natwest Bank: Storm Support Package is available for existing Natwest business customers. Contact your Business Relationship Manager direct or Natwest Business line on Tel: 0345 711 4477.
- HSBC are available 7 days a week for business and personal customers who have been affected by flooding. For businesses Tel: 0345 7606060, for personal customers Tel: 0845 300 5899.
Lancashire Flood Recovery Fund Appeal
A Lancashire Flood Recovery Fund Appeal has been launched to support those in need in the county who are victims of flooding.
Launched by Community Foundation for Lancashire the Recovery Fund’s Appeal will raise funds to contribute to clean-up costs, emergency repairs, clothing, food and drink, heating and heating equipment, childcare equipment and basic furniture, especially in North Lancashire. It will directly support individuals and families already struggling and vital community organisations and resident groups in the areas affected.
The Lancashire Flood Recovery Fund’s Appeal complements the Community Foundation for Cumbria’s Recovery Fund recently launched for the victims of wide-spread flooding in the Lake District.
To donate online to the Lancashire Flood Recovery Fund’s Public Appeal, please visit www.lancsfoundation.org.uk or the dedicated My Donate page. Donations of £1 upwards are welcomed!
Have you empty office space available?
Tell us how you have been affected
We need your help to make an initial assessment of the impact of the flooding on businesses – those that have been flooded and those that are affected less directly through for example, customers, suppliers, transport links, etc.
This is vital in making the case to Government for funding for affected businesses and for wider marketing and infrastructure recovery funding.
So if you’ve been affected in any way by the flooding please email us telling us:
- The level of impact and estimated duration – long – medium and short term
- Business trade divergence
- Power outage – loss of food, couldn’t open etc