Level 3 Award in Education and Training (EAT) - 5 Day Course
The qualification is the minimum standard for all those teaching in the learning and development sector. It introduces the knowledge and skill required by teachers to develop and deliver programmes, provide learners with support and be able to take responsibility in managing the learning process with adults.
The qualification is the minimum standard for all those teaching in the learning and development sector.
In response to recommendations made by a government-commissioned independent review panel, teaching qualifications have been simplified and renamed. This qualification replaces the Level 3 Award in PTLLS.
Who Should Attend
This qualification is essential for anyone entering teacher or training roles or already in service and who needs requires the minimum threshold status as a teacher within the following areas:
- Further Education College
- Adult and community learning sectors
- Work based learning or training organisations
- Security sector
By the end of this course delegates should be able to:
- Understand the teaching role and responsibilities in education and training.
- Understand ways to maintain a safe and supportive learning environment.
- Understand the relationships between teachers and other professionals in education and training. Understand inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training.
- Understand ways to create an inclusive teaching and learning environment.
- Be able to plan inclusive teaching and learning. Be able to deliver inclusive teaching and learning.
- Be able to evaluate the delivery of inclusive teaching and learning.
- Understand types and methods of assessment used in education and training.
- Understand how to involve learners and others in the assessment process.
- Understand the role and use of constructive feedback in the assessment process.
- Understand requirements for keeping records of assessment in education and training
The Award in Education and Training is a short, introductory, knowledge-based teaching qualification and has no minimum teaching practice requirement – except to engage in a short microteaching session – so may be undertaken by individuals who are not in a teaching role or who have just started a teaching role.The Level 3 Award in Education and Training comprises three QCF units.
Unit 1 ‘Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training’
Unit 2 ‘Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training’
Unit 3 ‘Understanding assessment in education and training’.
Course Duration & Dates
The course is normally 5 days in duration
Monday 29th April
Tuesday 30th April
Wednesday 1st May
Tuesday 7th May
Wednesday 8th May
Assessment Method & Certification
The assessment will be by the successful completion of two written assignments, the planning, delivery and observation of a short presentation towards the end of the course. On successful completion of the course, delegates will receive a qualification certificate from a Nationally Accredited Awarding Body (for the additional price of the certification and exam fee of the Awarding Body).
For this Qualification we can currently offer certification from the following Awarding Bodies:
- CIEH (The Chartered Institute of Environmental Health) Level 3 PTLLS
- HABC (Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance)
- CYQ (Central YMCA Qualifications)