Brexit and the end of free movement - Webinar
Free movement of EU nationals will cease on 31 December 2020 when the Brexit transition period comes to an end. Going forward, EU nationals will no longer have the automatic right to remain working and living in the UK; instead, they will need to have permission to do so, typically by holding Settled or Pre-Settled status or by obtaining a visa that gives them these rights.
At the same time, the UK Government is overhauling the current visa regime and these changes will take effect from 1 January 2021. These new requirements will apply to all non-UK nationals (both EU and non-EU) who want to come and work in the UK.
In this webinar, Brendan McAleese, Senior Associate in the Brabners Business Immigration team, will look at:
• The changes coming into effect on 1 January 2021.
• How these changes impact your existing EU national employees.
• What the new immigration requirements will mean for recruiting new staff, particularly European nationals.
• How will the new rules impact on staff moves around the group?
• Does your business need to obtain a sponsor licence?
• If you already have a sponsor licence, do you need to make any changes to it?
• The requirements of the new Skilled Worker visa route.
• The additional compliance obligations your business will face post-Brexit.
• The penalties for getting things wrong.
• How you should be preparing for these changes.
• What the most important steps are that you can take right now, with one month left to go.
We welcome questions in advance of the session, so please submit any questions when you register or alternatively you will have the opportunity to raise them at the end of the presentation.
This free informative webinar is brought to you in partnership by Lancaster & District Chamber of Commerce and Brabners
To book your place please CLICK HERE
Once registered, a meeting link and password will be forwarded.