First Aid Annual Update / Refresher Course
This half-day First Aid Refresher Course aims to keep the First Aiders Practical Skills fresh and up to date, between the 3 years cycles of the EFAW and FAW certificate. As is 'Strongly Recommended' by the HSE.
Please note this course has been adapted to be COVID safe and secure. This is in line with current government guidelines, as well as working with Affiniti Training and The Lothersdale Hotel.
Delegates will have adequate space at all times to be socially distanced from others and will be required to wear a mask. Hand sanitister will be available at all times. Rigorous cleaning protocols are in place at the hotel, in addition to this they are operating a one way system and table service for all refreshments. (Lunch and drinks will be provided)
All delegates will have their temperature taken on arrival.
You must not attend this course if you are displaying any symptoms of COVID-19. Instead, you must self isolate and follow government guidelines. Screening questions to ensure no one attends with symptoms will be asked prior to the course and on the day.
- Any updates on first-aid practice
- Any changes to the legal requirements relating to first aid
- Any changes to the role and responsibilities of the first aider
- Management of an unconscious casualty
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Practical use of a Defibrillator (AED)
- Assessment and treatment of a casualty who is wounded, bleeding or shocked
- Management of a casualty who is Choking
ALL attendees are required to bring photo ID.