The Coronavirus pandemic presents business with a huge range of challenges. As a Chamber we are working hard to ensure our services help our members and customers meet those challenges. This includes changing some services or how we deliver them.
One key example is our export documentation provision. With remote working in place for many businesses where appropriate, the Chamber highly recommends all exporting members who haven’t already done so register to complete and submit their export documents to us online, using the ezCert platform, provided by SGS United Kingdom. Customers who wish to do this independently can do so by visiting www.e-zcert.com/uk/user-registration and taking 30 seconds to sign up free of charge. It is entirely possible to register and start completing applications using the method now, with support from the Chamber as usual.
We have collaborated with SGS to provide webinars, to aide the process. These will be free of charge, and the first two have been scheduled, detailed below.
This free one-hour webinar will provide a comprehensive demonstration of the platform, and is suitable for those brand new to the system, or those looking for a refresher.
· Registration/Account set up
· Administration of the account – adding users and signatures
· Completing most commonly required documents – certs of origin, EUR’s / ATR’s (and more)
· Printing electronically certified documents
· When to submit ‘standard’ documents, printed at the Chamber and certified with traditional ink
· Working with your chamber – time scales/amendments/stationery
· Friday 27th March 10.00-11.00
· Friday 4 April 10.00-11.00 To book and receive an emailed invite, please email firstname.lastname@example.org ndicating:
· Event date chosen
· Name(s) and email addresses of delegates
· Company name
· Registered/yet to register
· Contact number
Places are limited and will be booked on a first come first served basis, so early action is recommended where possible.
We hope you’ll understand why we strongly advise you consider this step as a way to ensure we continue to provide a high level of service for your essential export documents. If you have any queries in regard to this, or any aspect of our export documentation service in these times, please contact us as usual.