Funded innovation projects for Lancashire SMEs
The team at Lancaster University’s double award winning Centre for Global Eco-Innovation is working with Lancaster University Management School to support small and medium enterprises in Cheshire in the innovation and adoption of low carbon technologies.
What’s on offer?
• Part-funded long-term PhD R&D projects linked with a world leading research institution. This will provide you with a full time resource for 3 years working on a project defined by you.
• Access to academic experts working in your area of interest
• Fully funded short-term R&D projects to help develop new products, investi-gate potential markets and help drive your innovation.
• Inter disciplinary and solution led approach to working with business. Expertise available from environmental sciences, chemistry, quantum technology, me-chanical engineering, chemical engineering, electronic and electrical engi-neering, natural sciences, physics, psychology, marketing and management.
• Facilities use includes testing and developing products and materials at work-shops and laboratories at Lancaster University worth over £45m.
• Join a wider collaborative network with the ambition of driving innovation for a better environment.
The project is part financed by the European Regional Development Fund. Due to funding, places for the maximum support worth up to £100,000 are limited, please contact us by July 3rd.
Track record and wider support
The Centre for Global Eco-Innovation recently completed a similar three year programme with Liverpool University and Inventya, which created 308 jobs and generated 190 new products and services, winning a business Impact Award and a Green Gown Award for research and development. View case studies. The Centre can also offer R&D support for businesses in Lancashire, Cumbria and the Liverpool City Region.
The Centre for Global Eco-Innovation team, part of the Lancaster Environment Centre Enterprise and Business Partnerships team.