Huge investment success at the Bay Business Angels event
The Bay’s own Dragons’ Den, Bay Business Angels, hosted the second event in a continuing series of their new investment network, which has been set up in the Bay area by local business advisors.
There were 5 pitching businesses on the day with over 60% of them receiving investment offers, some more than one. This type of event usually attracts only 10% of investment marking the Bay Business Angels event a huge success.
The investment meeting was held on 19 September, which was attended by over 60 invited guests. Pitches came from:-
• Bee Industrious Ltd – A market research agency using big data mining techniques
• Beer Hunter Ltd – Introducing a new way of buying craft beer wherever you live
• Select Salvage Ltd – Supplier of top quality guaranteed used car parts
• Simply Modular Ltd – A new form of low cost housing production
• Mello Ltd – A fast growing new soft drink and organic food business.
There were also key speakers at the event from accountants CLB Coopers, whose tax experts discussed the key tax issues to be considered when investing in a business venture.
Bay Business Angels provides a locally based alternative to the successful Angel events operated by Access to Finance in Lancashire/Boost. To increase focus on local businesses and entrepreneurs to get involved in the network, Bay Business Angels will be organising “investment readiness” events with Access to Finance that are set to be rolled out from December. Watch this space.
Steve Wall from Access to Finance commented: “This was another great event producing unprecedented results and was only made possible by the ground breaking cooperation of the Bay area business community.”
Jenny Pape from CLB Coopers added: “It was great to see showcases and pitches coming from home-grown talent from across the North West, with passion and entrepreneurial spirit evident throughout. With such a high proportion of the pitches receiving offers of investment, it is clear that Bay Business Angels is keen to support our local economy. All of the business partners are extremely proud of being associated with the network.”
The next event is in March 2018 and applications will be considered for potential investee companies from December 2017. Those interested should contact Steve Wall at Access to Finance on 07824472105 or register their interest at www.nwbusinessangels.co.uk
Potential investors should make contact with any of the partner organisations for more information – details below:
• Martha Winn, Baines Wilson LLP – 01524 548494
• Ryan Wear, CLB Coopers – 01524 541200
• Jason Bain, NatWest – 07770 543557
• Pete Cornwall, Lancaster University Management School – 01524 510728
• Jenny McCabe, Moore and Smalley LLP – 01524 62801
• Steven Blunstone, Barclays - 07500 782143