The Big Support for small business
Letter received from Michelle Owen, Big Support campaign for small business.
"I am writing to you as we have launched The Big Support for small business - a national campaign to get small businesses reaching out for support for their business and themselves, to get them through this very difficult time.
We are doing this with the backing of Health Secretary Matt Hancock, Secretary of State for BEIS Alok Sharma, Small Business Minister Paul Scully, and a range of organisations including BT. Can you get involved too and help us help small businesses?
Why is it important? Our research shows that more than half (55%) of businesses have not got any advice or support for their business so far. A third (66%) are not confident in their business, and nearly 70% expect their revenues to fall by over 50%. Businesses are running low on hope and the situation is getting worse. There is a lot of support, mentoring, coaching, advice and guidance available - we need to make sure small businesses are taking it up.
We, with your help, want to make sure that no one is unable to look after themselves and their families during this crisis.
This means getting small businesses critical business support, and mental health support too. To do that, we need to get the message to small businesses, and this is where you come in.
The Big Support , run by Small Business Britain, (#thebigsupport) campaign is directing businesses to business and mental health support, some examples of which are below. Please do feel free to signpost to your own support or local organisations that you know. If you can do this with "The Big Support" logo or name or # to help businesses see the connection, that would be fantastic thank you, but feel free to not mention us at all!
I am attaching the logo and some examples of social media below. If you can get involved more, please do also get in touch as we could use all the help we can get. Together we can make sure that no small business or individual falls through the cracks.
All the very best
Michelle Ovens MBE
Small Business Britain
Many small businesses across the UK have been devastated by COVID-19 and do not know where to turn to for support. Many are not reaching out at all. Small businesses can be supported through this crisis and can be offered hope and a future for themselves, their families and their staff.
· Business Support Helpline 0300 456 3565
· Government whatsapp service on 07860064422
· Enterprise Nation: https://www.enterprisenation.com/coronavirus-support/
· BT Skills for Tomorrow: https://www.bt.com/skillsfortomorrow/
· Small Business Britain support: https://smallbusinessbritain.uk/coronavirus
· Join Small Business Saturday for Facebook Live daily business support: https://www.facebook.com/SmallBusinessSaturdayUK
· The Institute of Enterprise and Entrepreneurs Business Survival Toolkit: https://campus.ioee.uk/
Mental health support:
Suggested social media posts:
1. Small businesses are the heart of communities - let's make sure they get the support they need to survive and thrive. Business support available here [insert link] let's support our small businesses #thebigsupport
2. Small biz do not feel alone - please reach out for support for your business and yourself - [insert biz support] [insert mental health support] #thebigsupport
3. Small businesses step up in times of crisis - let's all step up to support them. Lots of free help and advice is available here [insert link] Please do reach out #thebigsupport
- The Big Support is launching so no business or owner feels alone – a massive thank you to all companies and organisations that have stepped forward #thebigsupport
- It’s undeniably tough, but small businesses can and will get through this – there’s lots of help available here and important businesses reach out [insert link] #thebigsupport