The Rotary Club of Lancaster Loyne Charity Fun Swim at Lancaster University swimming pool
For over 10 years The Rotary Club of Lancaster Loyne has held a ‘Swimathon’; the members steward the event and invite all groups of all ages to participate to enter swimmers in teams of between 3 and 6 in order to raise money for themselves.
The next FUN SWIM will take place on Saturday 30th March 2019 at Lancaster University Leisure Centre. Access off the main entry road to the university. There are 3 time slots: -
From 5.30pm - this slot is largely taken up by younger children
From 6.30 pm - this slot is taken up by mixed age groups
From 7.30pm - this slot is taken up by mixed age groups from teenager to adult
- Groups should arrive 15mins before the time slot to enable our members to register those taking part. Swimmers can then get changed. Your 45 mins’ swim time starts promptly at 5.30; 6.30; or 7.30.
- Rotary members will count your lengths and announcements are made during the swim
- There are supporters viewing facilities on the side of the pool.
- Life guards provided by Lancaster University Leisure Centre will be in attendance at all times
- Swimmers must be able to swim a full length of the pool. The group take it in turns to swim 1 length each, building up as many lengths as possible in the 45minutes allowed
- If your sponsors pay per length, the more you swim the more money you raise for your club.
Please reply to Kath Robinson firstname.lastname@example.org Tel 01524 846465 if you wish to take part. Sponsorship forms will be emailed to you
Entry charge per team £12.50 payable in advance, cheques made out to Rotary Club of Lancaster Loyne Please fill the attached form.