As a member of Lancaster & District Chamber of Commerce (“the Chamber”), you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Membership is open to companies and other organisations regardless of their location. Members do not have to have a base in North Lancashire in order to become a Member.
- The Chamber Membership is a business entitlement rather than a personal one. All employees of the Member are therefore entitled to access Chamber benefits and services when working on behalf of their Member employer subject to specific terms and conditions which may apply.
- Membership fees are payable 12 months in advance and membership will commence from the date payment is received in full. Regular payment options are available, in these circumstances membership will commence on the date the first payment is received.
- Membership is for a minimum period of 12 months. Members will automatically be invoiced for the next membership period as each 12 month term expires.
- The Chamber regularly communicates with Members by email, post and telephone. We aim to only approach our Members with information which we believe could be of interest to them. This is an integral part of the Membership and by entering into Membership you agree to be contacted by the Chamber. The regular communication can be terminated at the Member’s request at any time.
- From time to time Members may be contacted by the Chamber’s carefully selected partners in order to make them aware of certain membership benefits.
- Members are entitled and encouraged to take advantage of the various opportunities the Chamber offers but there is never any obligation or pressure to use any of the services provided by the Chamber or its partners. Any agreement between the Member and the Chamber’s partners are strictly between the two parties, and are not the responsibility of the Chamber.
- The Chamber Membership benefits are subject to change without notice and are subject to terms and conditions available from the Chamber.
- The Chamber Membership fee is non-refundable and Membership is non-transferable.
- As soon as payment is processed, your membership and all its services are instantly considered ‘active’.
- Single Membership entitles the Member to one standard entry in the Directory of Members (as published in the Chamber Diary and on the Chamber’s website), all under one company name. Similarly only one company name can be used for any other Chamber publications.
- Membership fees are based on the number of employees in the Member organisation at the relevant location. It is an expressed term of the membership agreement that the member will inform the Chamber about any changes in the number of employees or other vital aspects of the business. The Chamber may consider applications for a higher category of membership in individual cases.
- The Membership is subject to Chamber Board approval and the Chamber reserves a right to refuse Membership without disclosing any reason.
- Membership is subject to the provisions of the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Chamber (available on request) and in the event of a conflict between these terms and conditions and the Articles of Association, the Articles shall prevail.
- The Chamber shall have no liability for any losses suffered by a Member as a result of using services offered by a fellow Member. The Chamber shall have no responsibility for advice given or services provided by its third party service providers even though such providers may have been introduced to the Member by the Chamber.
Right to cancel / refund policy
- By signing this form you are entering into a legal agreement to join the Chamber. You may cancel the agreement by giving the Chamber a written notice within 14 days of the date of the agreement.
- After this time has passed, resignations must be made by the principal contact in writing prior to the membership renewal date. If they are not received within this period, the subscription for the whole year becomes due and payable.
- In the event of your membership being resigned, you agree that all stationery displaying the Lancaster & District Chamber of Commerce logo must be destroyed.